Tuesday, 30 August 2016

August Favourites

Hi lovelies,

August has been a great month! My sister got great A-level results and got into her first choice of university. I've definitely made the most of the summer weather and gone on lots of day trips to farms and national parks. It was my friends going away party and she had a huge full moon party, complete with bucket cocktails, which was so much fun.

Hair rollers 

I haven't used them before this month in about 2 years so it was really fun experimenting with them again! I love big curls and I have really enjoyed doing something a bit different with my hair lately. I still use my large barrelled curling wand too but rollers just give so much lift without having to backcomb your hair.  

Mary Jo Lipkit 

Honestly, I am so in love with Kylie Jenner's lip products they could all make an appearance on this list, but this one really takes the cake. Great colour, super pigmented, feels great, you can't go wrong. I just love this shade.

Essie Nail Varnish is Ballet Slippers
Image result for essie nail varnish ballet slippers
I really like Essie's nail varnishes. This shade in particular is so pretty. It's really natural and a great shade. Another selling point is it's not all watery. You don't need six coats of it despite it being such a light shade. It's a great colour for work or school. 

Under eye masks
Image result for gold under eye mask
I am a huge fan of these eye masks. They're completely inexpensive and make such a difference to your complexion. I got these from amazon, the link is here. (This is not sponsored, by the way, I just had a bit of trouble finding them when I first bought them so I thought I'd make it easier for anyone who wants them haha).

And a little something not beauty related,

Suicide Squad

Image result for suicide squad

I went to see Suicide Squad this month in the cinema and I loved it, I even went twice. I know it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but Margot Robbie is so great in it. I really enjoyed it and will 100% be getting it on DVD as soon as I can! 


Hope you enjoyed this post, what beauty products have you been loving this month?

Christie xx

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a great summer. Congrats to your sister. Still loving your curled hair.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair with the rollers! That is so pretty! I can't wait to grow my hair out to do it myself!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why hair rollers are your faves right now - you're hair looks so pretty styled in this way!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete