Friday, 6 January 2017

Driving a huge Lorry.

Hi lovelies, 

So a few weeks ago I did something very random but seriously fun. The day after I passed my driving test, the same day I bought my car, my boyfriend Shawn told me his friend had given him a voucher to go and drive a huge van, and did I want to come. 

Shawn's friend was given the voucher as a gift from his girlfriend who lives in Germany. He had gone out to visit her and had totally forgotten about the driving experience. It was too late to cancel so he gave it to us. 

We went to a huge track that did driving experiences in all kinds of vehicles. We then had to sign something that basically waved their liability if we were paralysised or died. I get why and that it's pretty standard but it scared me!

Anyway we got to the lorry and it was literally ginormous. You have to climb a ladder to get in. The front seat is kind of like on springs so it doesn't affect the driver if they go over a bump or a pothole. It was crazy being up so high driving. 




There were other people there waiting to drive and a couple who had gone before us and everyone loved it. It was such a cool experience. I never would have thought to do something like this, nor that I would enjoy it so much. If this sounds fun to you I definitely recommend giving it a go. 

Hope you enjoyed this slightly different to usual post,

Christie xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can't imagine driving something like this. Fun and scary all at the same time!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and cool! I love the whole idea! I'm glad you had a great time hun!

    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this sounds like such a fun experience and a great opportunity to see what it's like from a lorry driver's perspective!!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never driven a lorry, nor have I driven in general. But driving something so huge must be such a thrill ride (pun-intended hahaha) <3

    xx BASH   ||   HEY BASH

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an experience! I can't imagine doing this, I bet it was pretty scary!!

    Hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome! I've always wanted to learn to drive a truck!

    District of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  7. very fun, great pictures
    NEW REVIEW ON MY BLOG <<< fashion blogger >>>
    have an happy day
    kisses

    ReplyDelete