Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Grapefruit cocktail

Hi lovelies,

So here's the thing... I don't really like grapefruit. At all. People who can just eat grapefruit for breakfast I applaud you. I could not do it. I know it's great for you but it's just not my fave. Something I do love though, gin. And I can get onboard with a gin and grapefruit cocktail. 






I love a good cocktail shaker but you can also just give it a really good stir. Make sure that you also have loads of ice as this needs to be COLD. it is so so refreshing and not too sweet or sour. Plus it's so cute. 

Recipe

Ingredients:
1 lemon
2 grapefruits 
Gin
Agave nectar 
Ice 
Mint 
Soda water

Method:

Squeeze the juice of one grapefruit 
Juice half the lemon 
Slice the second into quarters and muddle three of the slices 
Pour two shots of gin into the shaker 
Pour the grapefruit juice and lemon juice 
Pour in a table spoon of agave nectar (to taste)
Shake 
Pour into glass and add the muddled grapefruit 
Add mint leaves and stir
Top with soda water 

You seriously need to try this cocktail. It is delicious. 

Hope you like this post,

Christie xx

16 comments:

  1. Yummy! I need to do this!

    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: BAGPACK & MOON BOOT
    DON'T MISS: WINTER WONDERLAND & GUCCI BELT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gin is my favorite base for a drink, and I love grapefruit. Sounds so good!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds and looks so tasty, I need to give it a go!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need to try this! Looks good <3
    xoxo
    Mariana Gemelgo

    www.fashioninspiresyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious sounding cocktail, looks so pretty too!

    Hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t mind eating grapefruit, I actually like it but how do people eat it for breakfast?? I’d be starving ten minutes after eating it. But with gin? I think I could have that for breakfast haha Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm a grapefruit cocktail sounds delicious and so refreshing! Thanks for the tip to include loads of ice, some drinks definitely taste much better super cold :) Have a lovely weekend!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too hate eating grapefruit, but enjoy drinking grapefruit juice. I also love gin and this cocktail sounds right up my street! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a grapefruit fan either but this sounds so refreshing! And I love gin haha!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!!! I love grapefruit! This sounds yummy! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love grapefruit cocktails and this one sounds so refreshing!

    District of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds so good, but I would have to have a mocktail!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds good!
    Have a lovely day!

    x Sandra
    www.morestylethanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete